Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Graduate...



There is a train coming at full speed. I put out my hands and stand strong, pushing against the front of it as hard as I can to stop it....but it is too powerful. It just keeps going. I can hear it and feel it, I can climb aboard and enjoy the ride. I can take detours and see beautiful scenery. It can be scary and dark. But as hard as I try, I can't stop it...it has a destination. That is how I feel when I think about my children. I want to hang on for dear life, I want to stop them from growing one more day. Where did the baby days go? The toddler years? Preschool? And now Kindergarten for Brady has come and gone. And so I listen and hear them, I hug them to feel them, and I try my hardest to enjoy the ride. I try to take detours and slow down and see the beauty in God's creation. There are scary times and hard days....but mostly joy. I can't seem to stop the time. They are headed, we are all headed, for our final destination. May my children desire to follow God down the tracks of their life!

Congratulations Brady! You had an awesome year.......


No comments:

Post a Comment